Keswick Museum have a new exhibition exploring the landscape, people and history of ‘The People’s Mountain’. This includes exhibits relating to:
- How the mountain was made and mined;
- Life in the villages of Threlkeld and Mungrisdale through the centuries and the story of the Sanatorium;
- Farming the land and the Blencathra Hunt;
- Village and mountain sports;
- … and a chance to contribute to the exhibition, choosing your favourite root up the iconic fell and telling them what Blencathra means to you.
The Cumberland Geological Society has been involved with selecting and displaying some of the museum’s rock, mineral and fossil specimens and mine related information along with the production of a north-south geological cross section through Blencathra.
For further information please follow the following link; https://keswickmuseum.org.uk/whats-on/event/life-of-a-mountain-blencathra